Enroll Now, Start Today - Accredited Online Calculus Courses Academic CreditsUnable to "wait for the next academic semester"? Distance Calculus @ Roger Williams University has you covered!
Our Distance Calculus courses are designed to be asynchronous - a fancy term for "self-paced" - but it more than just self-paced - it is all about working on your timeline, and going either as slow as you need to, or as fast as your academic skills allow.
Many students need a Calculus course completed on the fast track - because time is critical in finishing calculus courses needed for academic prerequisites and graduate school applications.
Here is a video about earning real academic credits from Distance Calculus @ Roger Williams University:
Distance Calculus - Student Reviews
Date Posted: Jan 12, 2020
Review by: Anonymous
Courses Completed: Calculus I
Review: This course is amazing! I took it as a requirement for admission to an MBA program, and couldn't have been happier with the quality and rigor of the course. I previously took calculus two times (at a public high school and then a large public university commonly cited as a "public ivy"), this course was by far the best and *finally* made the concepts click. Previously I had no idea what was going on because terrible PhD students were teaching the course and saying stuff like "a derivative is the slope of a tangent line" - ??? but what does that mean ???, but the instructors in the Shorter University course explain everything in ways where it FINALLY made sense (e.g., "imagine a roller coaster hitting the top of a hill, there's a moment where it shifts momentum and you're not accelerating or decelerating, that's what a 0 rate of change is - that's when the derivative would be zero"). They explain everything in multiple ways and relate it to other concepts. It all made perfect sense when I finally had a good instructor. Really recommend this class
Transferred Credits to: The Wharton School, UPenn
Date Posted: Jan 13, 2020
Review by: Janice Flores
Student Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Courses Completed: Calculus II
Review: I highly recommend this course! Dr. Curtis is the best teacher and is ALWAYS willing to work with you to make sure you understand the subject. It was definitely a positive experience and the credits were transferred to my University with no problems! I definitely do not regret it and I had doubts in the beginning but if I had to, I would do it all over again!
Transferred Credits to: University of Central Florida
Date Posted: Mar 16, 2020
Review by: Malia K.
Courses Completed: Applied Calculus
Review: Course was good and fast. I don't like math so I can't say it was fun or anything. Grader was very nice. Software was ok.
Transferred Credits to: University of Maine
Distance Calculus - Curriculum Exploration
- M4: 1.04: Rules:
- M4.1: 1.04 - Basics
- M4.1.a: 1.04.B1: Derivatives, instantaneous growth rates, f'(x) and d/dx (f(x))
- M4.1.b: 1.04.B2: The Chain Rule
- M4.1.c: 1.04.B3: General rules for taking derivatives
- M4.1.d: 1.04.B4: Using the logarithm to calculational advantage
- M4.1.e: 1.04.B5: The instantaneous percentage growth rate of a positive function
- M4.1.f: 1.04.B6: Exponential growth dominates power growth and power growth dominates logarithmic growth
- M4.2: 1.04 - Tutorials
- M4.2.a: 1.04.T1: Practicing with the chain rule
- M4.2.b: 1.04.T2: Practicing with the chain rule, the product rule, and the power rule
- M4.2.c: 1.04.T3: Linear dimension: length, area, volume and weight
- M4.3: 1.04 - Give It A Try
- M4.3.a: 1.04.G1: Practicing with the chain rule
- M4.3.b: 1.04.G2: Practicing with the chain rule, the product rule, and the power rule
- M4.3.c: 1.04.G3: Global scale
- M4.3.d: 1.04.G4: Exponential functions and their constant percentage growth rate
- M4.3.e: 1.04.G5: Relating the plots of f(x) and f'(x)
- M4.3.f: 1.04.G6: 100 ln(f(x)) and the instantaneous percentage growth rate
- M4.3.g: 1.04.G7: Linear dimension: Length, area, volume, and weight
- M4.3.h: 1.04.G8: Interest compounded every instant versus interest compounded every month
- M4.4: 1.04 - Literacy
- M4.5: 1.04 - Revisited