Winter Session 2020 STEM/Engineering Calculus Online Accredited CourseWinter Session 2020 @ Roger Williams University
Distance Calculus - Student Reviews
Date Posted: Feb 28, 2020
Review by: Karen N.
Courses Completed: Calculus I, Calculus II
Review: Awesome classes! I was really weak with Calculus, so I retook Calc 1 and kept going into Calc 2. I feel like I finally understood Calculus. The finals were pretty thorough, but not nearly as stressful as the blue book exams. I highly recommend these courses!
Transferred Credits to: Various
Date Posted: Apr 13, 2020
Review by: Jorgen M.
Courses Completed: Calculus I
Review: I really enjoyed this course, much more than I thought I would. I needed to finish this course very fast before starting my graduate degree program @ Kellogg. I was able to finish in 3 weeks. I liked the video lectures and the homework process. I highly recommend this course.
Transferred Credits to: Kellogg School of Business, Northwestern Univ
Date Posted: Mar 16, 2020
Review by: Malia K.
Courses Completed: Applied Calculus
Review: Course was good and fast. I don't like math so I can't say it was fun or anything. Grader was very nice. Software was ok.
Transferred Credits to: University of Maine
Distance Calculus - Curriculum Exploration
1.03: Growth Rates
- M3: 1.03: Growth Rates:
- M3.1: 1.03 - Basics
- M3.1.a: 1.03.B1: Instantaneous growth rates
- M3.1.b: 1.03.B2: Instantaneous Growth Rate of Power Functions
- M3.1.c: 1.03.B3: The Instantaneous Growth Rate of Trig Functions
- M3.1.d: 1.03.B4: The Instantaneous Growth Rate of Exponential and Log Functions
- M3.2: 1.03 - Tutorials
- M3.2.a: 1.03.T1: Average growth rate versus instantaneous growth rate
- M3.2.b: 1.03.T2: Using the instantaneous growth rate f'(x) to predict the plot of f(x)
- M3.2.c: 1.03.T3: Spread of disease
- M3.2.d: 1.03.T4: Instantaneous growth rates in context
- M3.3: 1.03 - GiveItATry
- M3.3.a: 1.03.G1: Relating f(x) and f'(x)
- M3.3.b: 1.03.G2: Explaining LiveMath Derivative Output
- M3.3.c: 1.03.G3: Approximation of the instantaneous growth rate f'(x) by average growth rates
- M3.3.d: 1.03.G4: Using the instantaneous growth rate f'(x) to predict the plot of f(x)
- M3.3.e: 1.03.G5: Graphics action
- M3.3.f: 1.03.G6: Up and down, maximum and minimum
- M3.3.g: 1.03.G7: Spread of disease
- M3.3.h: 1.03.G8: Average growth rate versus instantaneous growth rate
- M3.3.i: 1.03.G9: Why folks study the instantaneous growth rate instead of instantaneous growth
- M3.4: 1.03 - Literacy
- M3.5: 1.03 - Revisited