Udemy Calculus versus Distance CalculusUdemy is a paid online course resources provider, kind of like Khan Academy, but geared towards a paid model where you gain access to their "courses" by paying either an indivual fee per "course", or paying a subscription to gain access to all of their courses.
Udemy Calculus offerings may be a nice addition to taking a Calculus course online - more videos from different authors are sometimes a good way to get more course material to help you study, especially the big topics in Calculus that require significant study.
However, Udemy does not provide accredited, transferrable Calculus credits for its "courses". So, there is not really any comparison between Udemy and Distance Calculus, if you seek actual collegiate credits for calculus courses.
Earning Real Academic Credits for Calculus
Applied Calculus vs Calculus I
Distance Calculus - Student Reviews
Date Posted: Jan 15, 2021
Review by: Rachel H.
Courses Completed: Probability Theory
Review: Dr. Curtis gave helpful and timely feedback, and made the teaching videos very engaging! The course model and associated software was easy to acclimate to.
Transferred Credits to: Cedarville University
Date Posted: May 21, 2020
Review by: Chester F.
Courses Completed: Calculus I, Calculus II
Review: I did not enjoy Calculus I at my school. I retook Calculus I, and then Calculus II, over the summer via Distance Calculus and it was awesome. I started my sophomore year back on track and ready for my physics classes. I struggled with the MathLive software but I guess it was alright.
Transferred Credits to: University of North Carolina
Date Posted: Apr 5, 2020
Review by: Catherine M.
Courses Completed: Calculus I
Review: Calculus I from Distance Calculus was wonderful! I took AB Calculus in high school, but I didn't take the AP Calc exam. Instead I took Calculus I with Distance Calculus, and it was so much better! It was a little review of topics, but not really. I really understood calculus when I finished!
Transferred Credits to: University of Chicago
Distance Calculus - Curriculum Exploration
Inequalities & Absolute Value
- P11: Inequalities & Absolute Value:
- P11.1: 1D Inequalities
- P11.1.a: Basic 1D Inequalities
- P11.1.b: Algebraic Operations on Inequalities
- P11.1.c: Linear 1D Inequalities
- P11.1.d: Quadratic 1D Inequalities
- P11.1.e: Polynomial 1D Inequalities
- P11.1.f: General 1D Inequalities
- P11.1.g: Homework Problems
- P11.2: 2D Inequalities
- P11.2.a: Linear 2D Inequality
- P11.2.b: Quadratic 2D Inequality
- P11.2.c: Polynomial 2D Inequality
- P11.2.d: General 2D Inequality
- P11.2.e: Homework Problems
- P11.3: Systems of 2D Inequalities
- P11.3.a: System of 2D Linear Inequalities
- P11.3.b: System of 2D General Inequalities
- P11.3.c: Homework Problems
- P11.4: Absolute Value
- P11.4.a: 1D Absolute Value Equations
- P11.4.b: 1D General Absolute Value Equations
- P11.4.c: 1D Linear Absolute Value Inequality
- P11.4.d: 1D General Absolute Value Inequalities
- P11.4.e: 2D Linear Absolute Value
- P11.4.f: 2D General Absolute Value Inequalities
- P11.4.g: Homework Problems
- P11.5: 3D Inequalities