Converted to LiveMath by Robert Curtis and Lee Wayand; 1.10 by Lee Wayand
1.09: ParamPlot - 1.09 - Give It a Try
- M9: 1.09: ParamPlot:
- M9.3: 1.09 - Give It a Try:
- M9.3.a: 1.09.G1: Quick calculations
- M9.3.b: 1.09.G2: Parametric plotting of circles and ellipses in two dimensions
- M9.3.c: 1.09.G3: Elliptical orbits of planets and asteroids
- M9.3.d: 1.09.G4: Parametric plotting of circles, tubes and horns in three dimensions
- M9.3.e: 1.09.G5: Surfaces you can make by rotating curves
- M9.3.f: 1.09.G6: Projectile marksmanship
- M9.3.g: 1.09.G7: More cams
- M9.3.h: 1.09.G8: Parametric plotting of a predator-prey model in which the prey don't reproduce and the predators don't die
- M9.3.i: 1.09.G9: Politics and the environment
- M9.3.j: 1.09.G10: Epidemics
- M9.3.k: 1.09.G11: Collision?
Distance Calculus - Student Reviews
Date Posted: Apr 30, 2020
Review by: Hannah J.
Courses Completed: Probability Theory
Review: Probability Theory was a great course. Very very thorough. I thought it would never end :). I was very prepared for my coursework in economics. Excellent refereshher of derivatives and integrals - really forced me to remember that stuff from freshman cal.
Transferred Credits to: Boston University
Date Posted: Jan 13, 2020
Review by: Joe
Courses Completed: Calculus II
Review: This is the most interactive and productive online course I have ever taken. I had taken calculus before but never understood some of the underlying concepts until I took this course. If you want to really learn calculus in a way that will stay with you for the rest of your life, take this course.
Transferred Credits to: The college of New Jersey
Date Posted: Jan 13, 2020
Review by: Daniel Marasco
Courses Completed: Multivariable Calculus
Review: This course was more affordable than many, and the flexible format was terrific for me, as I am inclined to work very diligently on tasks on my own. It could be dangerous for a person who requires external discipline more, but it works well for self-starters, allowing you to prioritize when you have other pressing work. I was a full time teacher adding a math certification, and this course allowed me to master the math while working around my teaching schedule and fitting work into moments here and there when I had time. I was able to transfer the credits to Montana State University, Bozeman for my teaching internship program without a hitch. The instructors were all very helpful and patient, even when I failed to see a ridiculously simple solution on one problem after 20 emails back and forth. Overall, I was more pleased with my experience in this class than I was with any of my other 9 courses.
Transferred Credits to: Montana State University, Bozeman