Multivariable Calculus - Vector CalculusMultivariable Calculus is one of our most popular courses. This Multivariable Calculus course is taken after the first year of calculus, usually Calculus I and then Calculus II.
Multivariable Calculus is often called Vector Calculus, and even Calculus III at many schools.
Our Multivariable Calculus course is the course where you learn about partial derivatives, multiple integrals, Green's, Stokes', and Gauss's Theorem (The Fundamental Theorem of Multivariable Calculus).
The curriculum for Multivariable Calculus really comes alive in the LiveMath computer algebra and graphing softwhere, as the true way of exploring Multivariable Calculus is via computer graphics.
Here is a video on our Multivariable Calculus course::
Distance Calculus - Student Reviews
Date Posted: Apr 30, 2020
Review by: Hannah J.
Courses Completed: Probability Theory
Review: Probability Theory was a great course. Very very thorough. I thought it would never end :). I was very prepared for my coursework in economics. Excellent refereshher of derivatives and integrals - really forced me to remember that stuff from freshman cal.
Transferred Credits to: Boston University
Date Posted: Mar 16, 2020
Review by: Malia K.
Courses Completed: Applied Calculus
Review: Course was good and fast. I don't like math so I can't say it was fun or anything. Grader was very nice. Software was ok.
Transferred Credits to: University of Maine
Date Posted: Apr 6, 2020
Review by: Paul Simmons
Courses Completed: Multivariable Calculus, Differential Equations
Review: I took Multivariable and Diff Eq during the summer. The DiffEq course was awesome - very useful for my physics and engineering course. I was unsure about Mathematica at first, but I got the hang of it quickly. Thank you Distance Calculus!
Transferred Credits to: University of Oregon
Distance Calculus - Curriculum Exploration
- P13: Analytic Geometry:
- P13.1: Slice The Cone
- P13.1.a: The Cone
- P13.1.b: Slice to Parabola
- P13.1.c: Slice To Ellipse
- P13.1.d: Slice to Hyperbola
- P13.1.e: Slice To Line
- P13.1.f: Homework Problems
- P13.2: Ellipsi
- P13.2.a: General Equation of the Simple Ellipse
- P13.2.b: Foci
- P13.2.c: Rotated Axes
- P13.2.d: Conic Slice to Rotated Axis Ellipse
- P13.2.e: Homework Problems
- P13.3: Hyperbolae
- P13.3.a: General Equation of the Simple Hyperbola
- P13.3.b: Foci
- P13.3.c: Rotated Axes
- P13.3.d: Hyperbolae in Nature
- P13.3.e: Homework Problems
- P13.4: Parabolae
- P13.4.a: General Equation of the Simple Parabola
- P13.4.b: Focus and Directrix
- P13.4.c: Rotation of Axes
- P13.4.d: Geometric Properties of Parabolae
- P13.4.e: Homework Problems
- P13.5: Polar Equations of Conics
- P13.5.a: General Polar Equation of a Simple Conic
- P13.5.b: Rotation of Axes
- P13.5.c: Homework Problems
- P13.6: Parametric Equations