What is the Best Online Calculus Course - Distance CalculusThere are many online Calculus course options on the internet currently. They basically separate into the following 3 categories:
- Free MOOC Courses
These are courses that are offered for free (or nearly so), but they do not offer academic credit for the courses. Some of these courses are awesome and are an excellent resource for the student enrolled in a for-credit online Calculus course.
- Publisher Courseware
Many academic textbook publishers offer multiple-choice based "course systems" where you take the Calculus course by getting a login to their system (which is the same for multiple schools, but the logos at the top are different), and you engage the course via endless multiple choice quizzes - reading their online textbook, doing problems by hand, choosing multiple choice options.
If you like this kind of course, then you have many options in taking such courses. We, personally, feel these course systems are cold, boring, and monotonous.
- Mastery Learning & Human Interation & Computer Algebra Software
These types of courses are our favorites, of course, because that's what Distance Calculus is modeled on. Other great courses using this type of system are NetMath from University of Illinois at Champaign-Urbana.
Is Distance Calculus For You?
How Fast Can You Complete a Distance Calculus Course?
After AP Calculus for High School Students
Distance Calculus - Student Reviews
Date Posted: Jan 13, 2020
Review by: Janice Flores
Student Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Courses Completed: Calculus II
Review: I highly recommend this course! Dr. Curtis is the best teacher and is ALWAYS willing to work with you to make sure you understand the subject. It was definitely a positive experience and the credits were transferred to my University with no problems! I definitely do not regret it and I had doubts in the beginning but if I had to, I would do it all over again!
Transferred Credits to: University of Central Florida
Date Posted: Jan 13, 2020
Review by: Daniel Marasco
Courses Completed: Multivariable Calculus
Review: This course was more affordable than many, and the flexible format was terrific for me, as I am inclined to work very diligently on tasks on my own. It could be dangerous for a person who requires external discipline more, but it works well for self-starters, allowing you to prioritize when you have other pressing work. I was a full time teacher adding a math certification, and this course allowed me to master the math while working around my teaching schedule and fitting work into moments here and there when I had time. I was able to transfer the credits to Montana State University, Bozeman for my teaching internship program without a hitch. The instructors were all very helpful and patient, even when I failed to see a ridiculously simple solution on one problem after 20 emails back and forth. Overall, I was more pleased with my experience in this class than I was with any of my other 9 courses.
Transferred Credits to: Montana State University, Bozeman
Date Posted: Jan 12, 2020
Review by: Mark Neiberg
Courses Completed: Calculus I, Calculus II, Multivariable Calculus
Review: Curriculum was high quality and allowed student to experiment with concepts which resulted in an enjoyable experience. Assignment Feedback was timely and meaningful.
Distance Calculus - Curriculum Exploration
- P8: Logarithmic Functions:
- P8.1: What is a Logarithm?
- P8.1.a: Solving Power Function Equations: Roots
- P8.1.b: Solving Exponential Equations: ??
- P8.1.c: Manufacturing a Logarithm Function
- P8.1.d: Inverse Functions
- P8.1.e: Definition of the Logarithm Function
- P8.1.f: Logarithm Dictionary
- P8.1.g: Homework Problems
- P8.1.h: Homework Problems
- P8.1.i: Homework Problems
- P8.2: Examples of Logarithms
- P8.2.a: Different Bases
- P8.2.b: Natural Base: Natural Logarithm
- P8.2.c: Converting To Different Bases
- P8.2.d: Laws of Exponents
- P8.2.e: Not Laws
- P8.2.f: Homework Problems
- P8.3: Graphs of Logarithmic Functions
- P8.4: Solving Logarithmic and Exponential Equations
- P8.4.a: Solving by Graphing
- P8.4.b: Applying Logarithms
- P8.4.c: Homework Problems
- P8.4.d: Homework Problems
- P8.5: Managing Exponential Data
- P8.6: Logarithmic Functions Revisited