Enroll Now, Start Today - Calculus 3 Academic CreditsUnable to "wait for the next academic semester"? Distance Calculus @ Roger Williams University has you covered!
Our Distance Calculus courses are designed to be asynchronous - a fancy term for "self-paced" - but it more than just self-paced - it is all about working on your timeline, and going either as slow as you need to, or as fast as your academic skills allow.
Many students need a Calculus course completed on the fast track - because time is critical in finishing calculus courses needed for academic prerequisites and graduate school applications.
Here is a video about earning real academic credits from Distance Calculus @ Roger Williams University:
Distance Calculus - Student Reviews
Date Posted: Jan 13, 2020
Review by: Daniel Marasco
Courses Completed: Multivariable Calculus
Review: This course was more affordable than many, and the flexible format was terrific for me, as I am inclined to work very diligently on tasks on my own. It could be dangerous for a person who requires external discipline more, but it works well for self-starters, allowing you to prioritize when you have other pressing work. I was a full time teacher adding a math certification, and this course allowed me to master the math while working around my teaching schedule and fitting work into moments here and there when I had time. I was able to transfer the credits to Montana State University, Bozeman for my teaching internship program without a hitch. The instructors were all very helpful and patient, even when I failed to see a ridiculously simple solution on one problem after 20 emails back and forth. Overall, I was more pleased with my experience in this class than I was with any of my other 9 courses.
Transferred Credits to: Montana State University, Bozeman
Date Posted: Apr 6, 2020
Review by: Paul Simmons
Courses Completed: Multivariable Calculus, Differential Equations
Review: I took Multivariable and Diff Eq during the summer. The DiffEq course was awesome - very useful for my physics and engineering course. I was unsure about Mathematica at first, but I got the hang of it quickly. Thank you Distance Calculus!
Transferred Credits to: University of Oregon
Date Posted: Jan 13, 2020
Review by: Janice Flores
Student Email: email@example.com
Courses Completed: Calculus II
Review: I highly recommend this course! Dr. Curtis is the best teacher and is ALWAYS willing to work with you to make sure you understand the subject. It was definitely a positive experience and the credits were transferred to my University with no problems! I definitely do not regret it and I had doubts in the beginning but if I had to, I would do it all over again!
Transferred Credits to: University of Central Florida
Distance Calculus - Curriculum Exploration
VC.02 - Perpendicularity
- V2: VC.02 - Perpendicularity:
- V2.1: VC.02 - Basics
- V2.1.a: VC.02.B1: The cross product X*Y of two 3D vectors is perpendicular to both X and Y
- V2.1.b: VC.02.B2: Planes in 3D
- V2.1.c: VC.02.B3: Normal vectors for curved surfaces in 3D
- V2.2: VC.02 - Tutorials
- V2.2.a: VC.02.T1: True scale plots via the options TrueProportions and StretchToFit
- V2.2.b: VC.02.T2: Flatness and plotting
- V2.2.c: VC.02.T3: Unit vectors and perpendicularity: Plotting curves on planes and a new, easy way of calculating the cross product.
- V2.2.d: VC.02.T4: Unit vectors and perpendicularity:Main unit normals, binormals, tubes, horns, and corrugations
- V2.3: VC.02 - Give It a Try
- V2.3.a: VC.02.G1: Plane fundamentals
- V2.3.b: VC.02.G2: Plotting on planes
- V2.3.c: VC.02.G3: Serious 3D plots: Tubes and ribbons
- V2.3.d: VC.02.G4: Experiments with linearizations
- V2.3.e: VC.02.G5: Badger borings
- V2.3.f: VC.02.G6: Using the product rule to break acceleration vectors into normal and tangential components
- V2.3.g: VC.02.G7: Using the normal vector to bounce light beams off surfaces
- V2.3.h: VC.02.G8: Kissing circles and curvature
- V2.3.i: VC.02.G9: Measurements with the cross product
- V2.3.j: VC.02.G10: Thumbs up or thumbs down
- V2.4: VC.02 - Literacy
- V2.5: VC.02 - Revisited
- V2.5.a: VC.02.B1 - Revisited
- V2.5.b: VC.02.B2 - Revisited
- V2.5.c: VC.02.B3 - Revisited
- V2.5.d: VC.02.T3 - Revisited
- V2.5.e: VC.02.T4 - Revisited
- V2.5.f: VC.02.G1.c - Revisited
- V2.5.g: VC.02.G2.c - Revisited
- V2.5.h: VC.02.G5 - Revisited
- V2.5.i: VC.02.G7 - Revisited
- V2.5.j: VC.02.G9.b - Revisited
- V2.5.k: VC.02.G10 - Revisited
- V2.5.l: VC.02.Literacy - Revisited