Calculus-Based Statistics - Probability Theory - Distance Calculus Course InformationCalculus-Based Statistics course can best be described as a "first course in the study of Statistics and Probablity Theory using Calculus".
This course has many names, all being equivalent:
- Probablity Theory
- Calculus-Based Statistics
- Second Course in Statistics for STEM
Our Probability Theory course differs from a classroom/textbook-based course in that we employ Mastery Learning so that you complete all assignments at 100% to assure competancy, as well as our curriculum shifting the course to a laboratory-style course, where theorem/lemma/proof type exposition is replaced by running experiments in Mathematica as you would in a science laboratory to empirically deduce the concepts and behaviors of Probability Theory, both solvable (classically) via hand-based techiques, as well as studying Probability Theory that can only be solved and investigated graphically and numerically using a computer. The Probability Theory curriculum is highly visual and based upon observations of experiments run in Mathematica or LiveMath.
At Distance Calculus, we call our "Calculus-Based Statistics" course as Probability Theory - Math 315 - 3 credits.
Below are some links for further information about the Calculus-Based Statistics course via Distance Calculus @ Roger Williams University.
- Calculus-Based Statistics Online Course Summer 2021
- Calculus-Based Statistics Online Course Fall 2021
- Can I Take Calculus-Based Statistics in High School?
- Can I Take Calculus-Based Statistics Without Calculus 2?
- Calculus-Based Statistics Online Course FAST
- Calculus-Based Statistics Online Course For Credit Start Immediately
- Calculus-Based Statistics Online Course For Credit Start Today, Finish Quickly
- Calculus-Based Statistics Quick Online Course For Credit Start Immediately
- Calculus-Based Statistics Accredited Online Course
- Calculus-Based Statistics Summer 2021 Online Course
- Calculus-Based Statistics Winter 2021 Online Course
- Calculus-Based Statistics Summer Course
- Calculus-Based Statistics Fall 2021 Online Course
- Calculus-Based Statistics Fall Course
- Calculus-Based Statistics Online Accredited
Distance Calculus - Student Reviews
Date Posted: Feb 19, 2020
Review by: Rebecca Johnson
Courses Completed: Applied Calculus
Review: I took the Business Calculus course from Distance Calculus in 2013. I was admitted to my MBA program, but then they told me I needed to take Calculus before starting the program. I finished the Business Calculus course in about 3 weeks in August before my program started. Not the most fun thing to do over the summer, but at least I got it done. Thanks Diane and Distance Calculus team!
Transferred Credits to: Kellogg MBA Program
Date Posted: Jan 12, 2020
Review by: Mark Neiberg
Courses Completed: Calculus I, Calculus II, Multivariable Calculus
Review: Curriculum was high quality and allowed student to experiment with concepts which resulted in an enjoyable experience. Assignment Feedback was timely and meaningful.
Date Posted: Dec 8, 2020
Review by: Aileen C.
Courses Completed: Differential Equations
Review: This course may be more difficult than your average differential equations course, which better prepares you to use these skills in your degree. The self-learning does make learning some of the concepts challenging, but you get the help you need to understand these concepts.
Transferred Credits to: Johns Hopkins University