Introductory Statistics - Data Science - Distance Calculus Information from Distance CalculusIntroductory Statistics can best be described as a "a cross between a mathematician/statistician and a programmer ".
This topic has many names, all being equivalent:
- Introductory Statistics
- Elementary Statistics
- Baby Stats
- Basic Statistics
Distance Calculus @ Roger Williams University can help prepare you for a study of Data Science-related fields - which today includes MBA, Economics, Business, and related fields.
If you wish to understand the fields that are touched by Data Science, you will need to understand the basics of the language of statistics and probability.
If you are planning for a career in Data Science, you will need to look towards the higher courses above our Basic Statistics - Math 124 course. You will NEED a very strong mathematics background that includes ALL of the following courses:
- Math 213 - Calculus I - 4 credits
- Math 214 - Calculus II - 4 credits
- Math 351 - Multivariable Calculus - 4 credits
- Math 317 - Differential Equations - 3 credits
- Math 331 - Linear Algebra - 3 credits
- Math 315 - Probability Theory - 3 credits
- Introductory Statistics Online Course FAST
- Introductory Statistics Online Course For Credit Start Immediately
- Introductory Statistics Online Course For Credit Start Today, Finish Quickly
- Introductory Statistics Quick Online Course For Credit Start Immediately
- Introductory Statistics Accredited Online Course
- Introductory Statistics Summer 2020 Online Course
- Introductory Statistics Winter 2020 Online Course
- Introductory Statistics Summer Course
- Introductory Statistics Fall 2020 Online Course
- Introductory Statistics Fall Course
- Introductory Statistics Online Accredited
Distance Calculus - Student Reviews
Date Posted: Apr 5, 2020
Review by: Catherine M.
Courses Completed: Calculus I
Review: Calculus I from Distance Calculus was wonderful! I took AB Calculus in high school, but I didn't take the AP Calc exam. Instead I took Calculus I with Distance Calculus, and it was so much better! It was a little review of topics, but not really. I really understood calculus when I finished!
Transferred Credits to: University of Chicago
Date Posted: Jan 12, 2020
Courses Completed: Calculus I, Calculus II
Review: I needed to brush up on my high school calculus and finally take Calc II before starting a graduate program that needed them as prereqs. This was perfect choice to fit in that summer. Got done at fast pace that I wanted and needed. Also had added bonus of one on one feedback and help when needed. Video lessons were better than many on campus instructors in large lecture settings. Recommend for anyone needing to satisfy prereqs at home institution.
Transferred Credits to: University of Michigan
Date Posted: Mar 17, 2020
Review by: Rebecca M.
Courses Completed: Calculus II, Multivariable Calculus
Review: Fantastic courses! I barely made it through Cal 1, and halfway through Cal 2 I found this program. I took Cal 2 and then Multivariable and I just loved it! SOOOOOOO much better than a classroom+textbook class. I highly recommend!
Transferred Credits to: Tulane University
Distance Calculus - Curriculum Exploration
STAT.09 - Counting
- S9: STAT.09 - Counting: