Introductory Statistics - Data Science - Distance Calculus Information from Distance CalculusIntroductory Statistics can best be described as a "a cross between a mathematician/statistician and a programmer ".
This topic has many names, all being equivalent:
- Introductory Statistics
- Elementary Statistics
- Baby Stats
- Basic Statistics
Distance Calculus @ Roger Williams University can help prepare you for a study of Data Science-related fields - which today includes MBA, Economics, Business, and related fields.
If you wish to understand the fields that are touched by Data Science, you will need to understand the basics of the language of statistics and probability.
If you are planning for a career in Data Science, you will need to look towards the higher courses above our Basic Statistics - Math 124 course. You will NEED a very strong mathematics background that includes ALL of the following courses:
- Math 213 - Calculus I - 4 credits
- Math 214 - Calculus II - 4 credits
- Math 351 - Multivariable Calculus - 4 credits
- Math 317 - Differential Equations - 3 credits
- Math 331 - Linear Algebra - 3 credits
- Math 315 - Probability Theory - 3 credits
- Introductory Statistics Online Course FAST
- Introductory Statistics Online Course For Credit Start Immediately
- Introductory Statistics Online Course For Credit Start Today, Finish Quickly
- Introductory Statistics Quick Online Course For Credit Start Immediately
- Introductory Statistics Accredited Online Course
- Introductory Statistics Summer 2021 Online Course
- Introductory Statistics Winter 2021 Online Course
- Introductory Statistics Summer Course
- Introductory Statistics Fall 2021 Online Course
- Introductory Statistics Fall Course
- Introductory Statistics Online Accredited
Distance Calculus - Student Reviews
Date Posted: Feb 25, 2020
Review by: Jessica M.
Courses Completed: Applied Calculus
Review: I highly recommend this course. I started the Kennedy School at Harvard with a last-minute admission, but my application required the Liberal Arts calculus course, so I had to finish the course in 3 weeks. Diane was an awesome instructor! The class was surprisingly interesting. If you need to take calculus fast, this is the program to use.
Transferred Credits to: Kennedy School of Government, Harvard University
Date Posted: Feb 28, 2020
Review by: Teddy M.
Courses Completed: Precalculus, Calculus I
Review: Pros: once you get going, you can go really fast. The visual textbook is pretty cool. The instructors were very responsive. Cons: the movies are great, but the software crashes more than it should. Sometimes it is just a hassle doing things in the software instead of on paper, but once I got used to the software, it was ok.
Transferred Credits to: Texas Christian University
Date Posted: Jul 25, 2020
Review by: Michael Linton
Student Email: email@example.com
Courses Completed: Calculus I
Review: Amazing professor, extremely helpful and graded assignments quickly. To any Cornellians out there, this is the Calculus Course to take in Summer to fulfill your reqs! I would definitely take more Calculus Classes this way in the future!
Transferred Credits to: Cornell University