Summer 2020 Calculus 4 - Multivariable Calculus - Vector Calculus Accredited Calculus Academic CreditsSummer 2020 @ Roger Williams University
Distance Calculus - Student Reviews
Date Posted: Apr 10, 2020
Review by: Benjamin T.
Courses Completed: Calculus I
Review: This course provided an excellent chance to learn about Calculus...again. I took calculus in high school, but I learned so much more with this course! It does take a good amount of time to do all the lessons, so definitely keep on top of them, but all the exercises helped me to really understand the material. And the nice thing is you can do it on your own time at home.
Transferred Credits to: Western University of Health Sciences: College of Optometry
Date Posted: Dec 20, 2019
Review by: Bill K.
Courses Completed: Calculus I, Calculus II, Multivariable Calculus, Linear Algebra
Review: I took the whole calculus series and Linear Algebra via Distance Calculus. Dr. Curtis spent countless hours messaging back and forth with me, answering every question, no matter how trivial they might seem. Dr. Curtis is extremely responsive, especially if the student is curious and is willing to work hard. I don't think I ever waited much more than a day for Dr. Curtis to get a notebook back to me. Dr. Curtis would also make videos of concepts if I was really lost. The course materials are fantastic. If you are a student sitting on the fence, trying to decide between a normal classroom class or Distance Calculus classes with Livemath and Mathematica, my choice would be the Distance Calculus classes every time. The Distance Calculus classes are more engaging. The visual aspects of the class notebooks are awesome. You get the hand calculation skills you need. The best summary I can give is to say, given the opportunity, I would put my own son's math education in Dr. Curtis's hands.
Transferred Credits to: None
Date Posted: Aug 16, 2020
Review by: Jennifer S.
Courses Completed: Calculus I
Review: The course was intense and required a lot of hard work. Professors ready available to assist when needed. Professors presented and explained materials/course work in detail and provided explanations and resources.
Transferred Credits to: University of New Haven, West Haven, CT
Distance Calculus - Curriculum Exploration
VC.01 - Vectors
- V1: VC.01 - Vectors:
- V1.1: VC.01 - Basics
- V1.1.a: VC.01.B1: Vectors: How you move them, how you add them, how you subtract them, and how you multiply them by numbers
- V1.1.b: VC.01.B2: Tangent vectors, velocity vectors, and tangent lines
- V1.1.c: VC.01.B3: Length of a vector, dot product, and distance between two points
- V1.1.d: VC.01.B4: The push of one vector in the direction of another, and the formula: X * Y = |x| |y| cos(b) where b is the angle between X and Y}
- V1.1.e: VC.01.B5: X*Y = 0 means X is perpendicular to Y
- V1.2: VC.01 - Tutorials
- V1.2.a: VC.01.T1: Velocity and acceleration
- V1.2.b: VC.01.T2: Using the normal vector to bounce light beams off two-dimensional curves
- V1.2.c: VC.01.T3: Lines
- V1.2.d: VC.01.T4: Pursuits
- V1.2.e: VC.01.T5: Spying along the tangent
- V1.3: VC.01 - Give It a Try
- V1.3.a: VC.01.G1: Vector and line fundamentals
- V1.3.b: VC.01.G2: Measurements
- V1.3.c: VC.01.G3: With or against?
- V1.3.d: VC.01.G4: Velocity and acceleration
- V1.3.e: VC.01.G5: The coordinate axes and coordinate planes in three dimensions
- V1.3.f: VC.01.G6: Serious plotting: Parametric planets
- V1.3.g: VC.01.G7: Lines
- V1.3.h: VC.01.G8: Lasers
- V1.3.i: VC.01.G9: Parabolic reflectors, spherical reflectors, and elliptical reflectors
- V1.3.j: VC.01.G10: Pursuits by a robotic cowhand
- V1.3.k: VC.01.G11: Stealth technology
- V1.4: VC.01 - Literacy
- V1.5: VC.01 - Revisited
- V1.5.a: VC.01.B1 - Revisited
- V1.5.b: VC.01.B2 - Revisited
- V1.5.c: VC.01.B3 - Revisited
- V1.5.d: VC.01.B4 - Revisited
- V1.5.e: VC.01.B5 - Revisited
- V1.5.f: VC.01.T1 - Revisited
- V1.5.g: VC.01.T2 - Revisited
- V1.5.h: VC.01.T3 - Revisited
- V1.5.i: VC.01.T5 - Revisited
- V1.5.j: VC.01.G3.b - Revisited
- V1.5.k: VC.01.G7.c - Revisited
- V1.5.l: VC.01.G8 - Revisited