Summer 2020 Multivariable Calculus Online Accredited CourseSummer 2020 @ Roger Williams University
It is important that any Multivariable Calculus course you wish to take online, you need to make sure this course is from a regionally accredited college/university so that the credits you earn from this course will actually transfer to your home college/university.
Free courses available from the MOOCs (Massive Open Online Courses) like edX, Coursera, Udacity, Khan Academy, MIT Open Courseware, etc. are really excellent courses, but they do NOT result in transferrable academic credits from an accredited university!
There are more than a few actual colleges/universities offering Multivariable Calculus courses online. Be careful as you investigate these courses - they may not fit your needs for actual course instruction and timing. Most require you enroll and engage your course during their standard academic semesters. Most will have you use a publisher's "automated textbook" which is .... um .... well, if you like that kind of thing, then you have a few options over there at those schools.
Summer 2020 Distance Calculus is all about real university-level calculus courses - that's all we do! We have been running these courses for 20+ years, so we know how to get students through the these courses fast fast fast!
Here is a video about earning real academic credits in Multivariable Calculus from Summer 2020 Distance Calculus @ Roger Williams University:
Earning Real Academic Credits for Calculus
Applied Calculus vs Calculus I
Distance Calculus - Student Reviews
Date Posted: Jan 12, 2020
Review by: Mark Neiberg
Courses Completed: Calculus I, Calculus II, Multivariable Calculus
Review: Curriculum was high quality and allowed student to experiment with concepts which resulted in an enjoyable experience. Assignment Feedback was timely and meaningful.
Date Posted: May 3, 2020
Review by: Andris H.
Courses Completed: Applied Calculus
Review: I found out from my MBA program that I needed to finish calculus before starting the MBA. They told me 3 weeks before term started! I was able to finish Applied Calculus from Distance Calculus. Definitely a great class. Thanks Distance Calculus!
Transferred Credits to: SUNY Stony Brook
Date Posted: Sep 6, 2020
Review by: Mark L.
Courses Completed: Applied Calculus
Review: Great course. Because of this class I was able to meet the entry requirements for my EMBA program on a tight time window in addition to sharpening math skills from classes taken over 15 years ago!
Transferred Credits to: MIT
Distance Calculus - Curriculum Exploration
VC.03 - Gradient
- V3: VC.03 - Gradient:
- V3.1: VC.03 - Basics
- V3.1.a: VC.03.B1: The gradient and the chain rule
- V3.1.b: VC.03.B2: Level curves, level surfaces and the gradient as normal vector
- V3.1.c: VC.03.B3: The gradient points in the direction of greatest initial increase
- V3.1.d: VC.03.B4: Using linearizations to help to explain the chain rule
- V3.2: VC.03 - Tutorials
- V3.2.a: VC.03.T1: The total differential
- V3.2.b: VC.03.T2: What's the chain rule good for?
- V3.2.c: VC.03.T3: The gradient and maximization and minimization
- V3.2.d: VC.03.T4: Eye-balling a function for max-min
- V3.2.e: VC.03.T5: Data fit
- V3.2.f: VC.03.T6: Lagrange's method for constrained maximization and minimization
- V3.3: VC.03 - Give It a Try
- V3.3.a: VC.03.G1: The gradient points in the direction of greatest initial increase
- V3.3.b: VC.03.G2: The gradient is perpendicular to the level curves and surfaces
- V3.3.c: VC.03.G3: The heat seeker
- V3.3.d: VC.03.G4: Doing 'em by hand
- V3.3.e: VC.03.G5: The highest crests and the deepest dips
- V3.3.f: VC.03.G6: Closest points, gradients and Lagrange's method
- V3.3.g: VC.03.G7: The Cobb-Douglas manufacturing model for industrial engineering
- V3.3.h: VC.03.G8: Data Fit in two variables: Plucking a guitar string
- V3.3.i: VC.03.G9: Linearizations and total differentials
- V3.3.j: VC.03.G10: Keeping track of constituent costs
- V3.3.k: VC.03.G11: The great pretender
- V3.3.l: VC.01.G1-A: Another Help Movie
- V3.3.m: VC.01.G1-B: Another Help Movie
- V3.3.n: VC.01.G1-C: Yet Another Help Movie
- V3.3.o: VC.03.G2.c Hint
- V3.4: VC.03 - Literacy
- V3.5: VC.03 - Revisited
- V3.5.a: VC.03.B1 - Revisited
- V3.5.b: VC.03.B2 - Revisited
- V3.5.c: VC.03.B3 - Revisited
- V3.5.d: VC.03.T1 - Revisited
- V3.5.e: VC.03.T2 - Revisited
- V3.5.f: VC.03.T3 - Revisited
- V3.5.g: VC.03.T4 - Revisited
- V3.5.h: VC.03.T6 - Revisited
- V3.5.i: VC.03.G1.b.i - Revisited
- V3.5.j: VC.03.G1.d.i - Revisited
- V3.5.k: VC.03.G1.d.ii - Revisited
- V3.5.l: VC.03.G2.c - Revisited