Winter Session 2020 Enroll Now, Start Today - Calculus II Academic CreditsWinter Session 2020 @ Roger Williams University
Distance Calculus - Student Reviews
Date Posted: Apr 13, 2020
Review by: Jorgen M.
Courses Completed: Calculus I
Review: I really enjoyed this course, much more than I thought I would. I needed to finish this course very fast before starting my graduate degree program @ Kellogg. I was able to finish in 3 weeks. I liked the video lectures and the homework process. I highly recommend this course.
Transferred Credits to: Kellogg School of Business, Northwestern Univ
Date Posted: Jan 19, 2020
Review by: Dan P.
Courses Completed: Calculus I, Calculus II
Review: I found the courses to be informative, enjoyable, and most importantly, effective in helping me learn the concepts of calculus. My math skills were always very weak, and I had a great deal of difficulty passing my undergrad math courses. The pace of a traditional classroom setting was just too quick for the concepts to really sink in. With Distance Calculus, I had courses that were taught with the full rigor of an on-campus class, but where I could take my time and really learn the material...all while having access to top-tier instructional help for real math professors and assistants. DC gave me the tools and the confidence I needed, so after successfully passing my DC courses, I moved on and completed a master's degree in CS.
Date Posted: Mar 17, 2020
Review by: Rebecca M.
Courses Completed: Calculus II, Multivariable Calculus
Review: Fantastic courses! I barely made it through Cal 1, and halfway through Cal 2 I found this program. I took Cal 2 and then Multivariable and I just loved it! SOOOOOOO much better than a classroom+textbook class. I highly recommend!
Transferred Credits to: Tulane University
Distance Calculus - Curriculum Exploration
- N2: 2.03: Measurements:
- N2.1: 2.03 - Basics
- N2.1.a: 2.03.B1: Measurements based on slicing and accumulating: Area and volume
- N2.1.b: 2.03.B2: Measurements based on slicing and accumulating: Density and mass
- N2.1.c: 2.03.B3: Measurements based on approximating and acculumating: Arc Length
- N2.1.d: 2.03.B4: Measurements based on the fundamental formula: Accumulated growth
- N2.2: 2.03 - Tutorials
- N2.3: 2.03 - Give It a Try
- N2.3.a: 2.03.G1: Using the Tools: Measurements of accumulation
- N2.3.b: 2.03.G2: Using the Tools: Measurements of length, volume, and mass
- N2.3.c: 2.03.G3: Slicing for area measurements
- N2.3.d: 2.03.G4: Volume measurements for some tubes and horns
- N2.3.e: 2.03.G5: Work
- N2.3.f: 2.03.G6: Champagne glasses with a logarithmic flare
- N2.3.g: 2.03.G7: The derivative of arc length
- N2.3.h: 2.03.G8: Present value of a profit-making scheme
- N2.3.i: 2.03.G9: Linear dimension
- N2.3.j: 2.03.G10: Catfish harvesting
- N2.4: 2.03 - Literacy
- N2.5: 2.03 - Revisited